Platforms Unlimited 1.1.1
Device: iOS Universal
Price: $ .99 -> Free, Version: 1.1.1 (iTunes)
Platforms Unlimited is a procedural, minimalistic, zen, madly hard one-button endless platformer! Uninventing the genre to extirpate its core. An arcade game like in the old times when simplicity, fun and challenge ruled.
Share the game! For every 100k downloads, we’ll add a new visual skin!
— Comments by the Press—-
– (4/5) Cult of Mac “What [Platforms Unlimited] is … is addictive.”
– (4/5) Touch Arcade “An endless supply of constantly evolving environments, coupled with finely tuned jumping, will keep you coming back for a long time”
– (4.5/5) 148Apps “Platforms Unlimited takes the formula of The Impossible Game and similar titles: geometric shapes thrust into platforming environments filled with adversity. This game’s twist? Procedurally-generated levels. This immense variety serves as the core of an incredibly well-made game.”
– (4/5) Pocket Gamer “Deft controls and smart random level generation lead to one of the freshest endless-runners in some time”
– (4/5) Appguiden
– iPlayApps.de “This challenging arcade platformer pulled us into its spell …”
– Covered at the 148Apps Live Show
– Minimalistic: Touch the screen to jump, touch longer to jump farther.
– Avoid red enemies.
– The score increases by 1 every second.
– Collect coins for a bonus of 4 score points. Also used for rewards.
– Collect power-ups for gameplay bonuses.
– The difficulty lies in the required jumping precision and the analysis of procedural levels to find a way through.
– The sound effects on landing, which are characterized by the level, help with timing.
– Procedural endless levels: every game feels different.
– Missions system: complete up to 3 missions in a game for coins rewards.
– Power-ups and trails upgrades: use your rewards to unlock and upgrade power-ups or to change the look of your trail.
– Dailies: beat 3 new ‘fixed’ levels every day.
– Armageddon Mode: totally unfair and fun (no power-up, coins give no score)
– Game Center leaderboard and achievements
– Video replay and share options
– A new Armageddon game mode!
– Modified the main character look
– Polished menus visuals
– A new song
AppShopper.com: Popular New Apps, Version Changes and Price Changes (Games) for iOS